Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ponder the Path of Thy Feet

This week's lesson was based on the conference talk by President Monson called "Ponder the Path of Thy Feet" and Shelly did a great job teaching it! If you haven't already, you should give the talk a read. It's a great option of something to study this Sunday afternoon.

During the lesson, we talked about how we are here on Earth to prove ourselves and to use our agency to get back to Heavenly Father. He has given us tools to help us find our way back, including the perfect example of His son, Jesus Christ. We may not be able to walk exactly where he walked (in Jerusalem, Galilee, etc.) but we can all chose to walk how he walked, by following his example.

Some paths that the Savior walked that we will too because we're all human:
- Disappointment
- Temptation
- Pian

Some paths that the Savior walked that we can choose to walk:
- Obedience
- Service
- Prayer

I love this quote from President Monson's talk:
There is no higher end than this, that we should choose to accept His discipline and become His disciples and do His work throughout our lives. Nothing else, no other choice we make, can make of us what He can.
I have definitely seen the Savior's hand in my life as I have tried my best to walk as he walked. He has molded me, guided me, and assisted me, and I would not be where I am right now without His help. He matches my good intentions in every aspect of my life, and fills in where I fall short. Every single time.  :)

Hope you all have an amazing Sunday! I never review all the material from the lesson so feel free to add your comments below if there was something you learned or especially appreciated today.

-Lisa




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for always doing this, Lisa. I love reading your reviews of everyone's lessons! It was a beautiful talk, right? President Monson has such a way with words. And what an incredible lesson for all of us to learn - that although walking in Christ's footsteps isn't always going to be the easiest, most fun, or most popular way, it will be the right way. Always. And by following Him, we will become exactly the person that our Heavenly Father knows we can be. Thank you again for your diligence and great example :)

    ReplyDelete