Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Achieving Personal Peace

Tayler gave the Relief Society lesson today and it was such a great lesson. We talked about universal peace versus personal peace, and how we can still feel personal peace even when the rest of the world is in turmoil.

Here are some points from our discussion on ways we can have personal peace:
  1. Make your home a temple
  2. Use the atonement in your life
Personally, I am more likely to have a peaceful day (or a day with manageable positive stress instead of feeling helpless) when I start off the day by saying a prayer and reading my scriptures. It always helps me to have a prayer in my heart when things come up throughout the day. I also try to remind myself that (this is going to sound cheesy) everyone is a child of God and I should love them even if they don't know how to drive or if they have a coupon for every single item on their list in the grocery check out line. It helps me not to make snap judgments about people when I remember that God loves them, and maybe the reason they are driving poorly is because they have tears in their eyes, or maybe that person in the grocery check out line hates coupons and is embarrassed by them, but needs to use them out of necessity.

I feel personal peace when I look for the Lord's hand in my life, and when I remember to thank him for the blessings I receive each day (especially the small ones). Serving others also helps bring more peace in to my life, as does going to the temple to ponder and pray. Bonus if I am doing temple work for my own ancestors, but I haven't been on top of that lately...

Anyways, those were my thoughts during the lesson. There were some other fantastic comments shared too, discussions in Relief Society are the best.

Have a great Sunday everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment