Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers

This week's post is written by Bethany Madsen. I would add some of my own thoughts, but I have been doing that a lot lately so here is Bethany's post:

Mothers' Day is such a special day to celebrate women. Whether we are technically mothers or not, no matter where we are we are endowed with a divine nurturing trait. We don't speak a whole lot about Heavenly Mother, but I can only imagine how perfect her motherly love is. We were created in the image of God and similar to our Heavenly Mother we have the innate trait (or should I say talent) to nurture. We can use this to bless our children but also to bless those around us who need our love.

I'm so grateful for this day, to take time to contemplate and appreciate the women in my life who have impacted me for the better. One of those important role models is an elderly woman who isn't a mother herself. Yet I have learned so much about godly love from her example.
May we take this day to contemplate the kind of women we want to be. Let us use our divine gift of nurturing to make a difference in others lives.

I know this church is true and that our Heavenly Parents continually look over us, and that they love each one of us so much. They have blessed us with individual talents special to us so that we may be better disciples and serve others. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

http://ldstalk.com/wp-content/images/mormon-children/mormon-mom-daughter.jpg













No comments:

Post a Comment