Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Love, the Essence of the Gospel



I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody’s need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind.

Lacee Jimenez gave a wonderful lesson today, based on the talk by President Thomas S. Monson called "Love, the Essence of the Gospel." We talked about realizing that everyone in this world is a child of God and that if we always remember that, we will be able to live more harmoniously with others, especially when our patience is wearing thin *ahem* bad drivers. We can probably all work on being a little more kind to others.

http://ct.shadowtext.net/il/st/se/i54/2/1/24/shadowtextphpechoQuotesAndSayings_180f27c3addf52900cd66ec01901cdf9.jpg
Jesus Christ is the perfect example in anything. He was bold in spreading the gospel yet kind to those who needed comfort, patience, healing, and encouragement. We should better follow his example not only in our interactions with the everyday passerby, but especially with our family members.

Love should be the very heart of family life. I'm hoping I can create a home environment that welcomes the spirit, bolsters confidence in family members, and fosters healthy relationships. For me, open communication and empathy has been the key to keeping a happy and healthy relationship with my husband.

I'm so grateful for this restored gospel and for our savior Jesus Christ, who loved each of us enough to suffer all kinds of pain so that we would have someone who can empathize with us, and who can be our advocate with the Father when we finish our imperfect mortal journey. 

What are you trying to do to better show your love for your family members? I would love to see your thoughts in the comments below.

Love you girls!
Lisa










1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try not to blame my husband, daughter, or anyone else, for my unhappiness and turn to the lord in those moments. Loved today's lesson!

    ReplyDelete