Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

In the World, Not of the World

During the lesson today, I kept thinking of this song I heard while visiting a church of a different faith with my Mom. I forget what kind of Christians they were, but it seemed like the only reason they got together on Sunday was to console each other and talk about what they do not know. They sang a song that went like this:

"Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going?"

And that was the whole song! I wanted to stand up and shout "I have the answers to all these questions! Everybody read the Book of Mormon!" Haha, but of course I didn't shout those things. The whole experience made me glad that I have known the answers to those questions since I was in Primary and sang "I am a Child of God." I am so grateful to be a member of this Church, and to have guidance from living prophets and apostles.

Bethany McBeth was nice enough to write up some of her thoughts on the lesson too. Thank you Bethany! Now on to her post:

Be in the world not of the world. Everyone has times where they stray and need to have their testimonies strengthened.  Always take the opportunities you are given to work and serve in the Church.  The world never has offered anything that will bring happiness, only temporary satisfaction.  God wants us to have true happiness in this life and in the life to come. Thats why we are here. We can always be forgiven, any voice that says we cannot, is Satan. Motherhood is so we can learn to be like God. We need to always have the spirit with us so that we are always in alignment with the lord.

I know that the Lord's plan for us is the best plan for our lives and for our eternal progress. We are here to make mistakes and learn from them and I have a testimony that we can always be forgiven for the sins that we commit because the atonement is eternal and all encompassing.  I say this in Jesus name. Amen.

http://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/i-am-a-child-of-god-4x6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment