Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Sealing Power

Today's lesson was on the sealing power and temple blessings. I loved the various discussions we had  during the lesson because hearing other's comments and experiences, and thinking about temple sealings made me extra grateful for the opportunity we have to be sealed to our families forever. It was just nice to take some time to think about it today.

My husband was actually the first person I was ever sealed to. I got sealed to my Dad and Step-mom about a year later, but the sealing power has made a special impact on me because I spent the first 20-something years of my life wondering if I would actually see my family in heaven or not. I always knew things would work out in the end, but the song "Families Can Be Together Forever" was actually kind of a sad song for me to sing back then.

It was a huuuge comfort to know, after my husband and I were sealed in the temple, that we would be together forever and I'm still so happy to know that no matter what changes happen in our lives, we can count on each other to always be there.

Here are some points I picked up from the discussion we had on how the sealing power affects us:
  1. It is comforting
  2. It allows/encourages us to see the big picture
  3. It makes us want to work harder at our marriages
  4. It makes us realize that God is an eternal part of our marriage relationships (we both are sealed through his power)
Another aspect of the lesson was how important it is to do family history work and to go to the temple, to do ordinances for our deceased relatives. You never know who might be waiting for you to find their name, and to perform temple work for them. I have seen tiny miracles happen as I have done my family history work, and it was great to hear all the other experiences people have had with family history work during the lesson today.

Anyways, thanks for the lesson Kim, and I hope you all have a great Sunday!

And don't forget, now that we have had this lesson, ask yourself "now what?" and change something in your life starting now.  :)

Found this over at McKenna Woolley







No comments:

Post a Comment