Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Faithful, Energetic Service in The Kingdom of God

This Sunday our super sweet and caring Relief Society president Lacee Jiminez lead our lesson. We did our best to take some notes and I hope you find them uplifting and insightful. Then to conclude Eli Jensen, our compassionate service leader sent me some personal thoughts and inspiration to share with us, which is at the bottom of the post.Material inspired from chapter 15 of the Teachings of the Preseidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow manual.

Think about the definition of an ambassador in the context of being an ambassador of Christ:

Ambassador= representative/messenger within a relationship/s
                  = proactive- promote
                  = authorized

When we were baptized and took upon us the name of Christ, we began a journey of becoming an ambassador for Christ and His church.

Being an ambassador of the church carries with it many responsibilities. Why?
  -We represent Jesus Christ. When you act contrary to Christ's example, people notice. And perhaps "notice the bad things we do more than the good".- Cassidy Tuttle.                
-Loving with a Christlike, "genuine" love, and not judging, can be hard to do .This is one of the great responsibilities we have. -Kayley Fryar
-Requires lots of faith. "Our standards are higher than those of society's", which makes it sometimes difficult to rise above and live a virtuous life...to be the example -Yvonne Styles
-Being an ambassador requires action- which builds faith. One of the greatest ways to be an ambassador of the church is to "invite others to serve." This will bring them unto Christ. -Eliza Blank

Scriptures:
Abr. 2:9-11
Genesis 22:15-18

All of God's children can become an ambassador & come to know God & Jesus Christ.

How can we redeem God's children through our callings?
-See everyone as individuals & not numbers. Be genuine.
 -Be understanding of your own talents and how to use them in your own calling and not compare yourself to the sister next to you. Don't expect more of yourself than you already have/are. Be patient with how He wants to use you to serve His children.-Summer Sims
-"The Lord does not require so much of the man who possesses but one talent, as of him who possesses more than one; but, according to that which he hath, so shall it be required of him."-Lorenzo Snow
 -"Honor the office" in which ye are called, even if the people don't honor you. 
 -"If you but try"... God will then make you grow. -Lacee Jiminez

 I was once told by President Niger that the most important things in this life are our relationships and our covenants. They are the only things we can bring with us into the life hereafter. Since becoming a mom, there have been many days at home full of distraction of unrealistic expectations placed upon myself by me, of course. The world tells me I need to have a perfectly decorated, clean home, with nothing but a delicious dinner served on the table every day. I am also told in order to be happy I need flawless skin, a thin, toned body, and top notch clothes. The list goes on and on. The days I am unhappy and unproductive are the days I give into these lies. But the days I focus on my sweet girl and my loving husband, and put them first, my heart and soul are filled with the spirit and joy of Christ and all the good he has given me. Even though the kitchen is a disaster, I am happy- my family is happy. That's really what matters. I know that this can be applied within any situation in life, especially within our church callings and visiting teaching. I know that when we put relationships first, it is easier to be genuine and love with the pure love of Christ. The spirit is able to speak to us and inspire as to how we can truly reach out to others. We are all important! We are all children of God! We all need to make it back to Him. I know He wants this more than anything, and it is through sharing the Love of Christ that makes this possible. I share these words in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  -Elli Jensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment