Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Staying Close to Our Heavenly Father

This week the fabulous Angie Facer wrote a post for us. Thanks, Angie!

"This was the first lesson from the new Joesph Fielding Smith book. It talked about Staying close to Heavenly Father. One of the ways was missionary work and how technology helps missionary work with blogs, lds.orgmormon.org and social media.
Some ways we came up with to also stay close are:
Turn off technology
Go outside in nature
Read our patriarchal blessings which are from God 
Ask for fathers blessings or husbands blessings to be reminded more personally what Heavenly Father wants us to hear

Our teacher also shared this video with us, reminding us also of our true identity: 



I have a strong testimony that Heavenly Father knows all of us individually. He can speak us is through blessings and prayers. I made a goal for myself that I would read my scriptures every night before bed. I cant describe the love I feel through out the day when I read the night before. I sleep better, I feel like I do better at work, I  more attentive to Hansen's needs while he is at school. I also asked for a fathers blessing this past Christmas from my father in law and it said that if I was diligent in my prayers and scripture study that I would have the desires of my heart. And he really reminded me that I know he listens when I pray and knows what those true desires are."

No comments:

Post a Comment